I never watched Buffy. I say this not out of snobbery, but in grim confession. However, my lovely girlfriend and I have undertaken to correct this years-long error, and I have some thoughts on what I’ve seen of season 1 thus far (we’re two episodes away from the end).
- I can’t decide if I like this show because it’s great, or because of uncontrollable 90s nostalgia
- These are some amazing outfits
- Buffy should really just carry at least one wooden weapon on her person at all times; why doesn’t she do that?
- I don’t know if I’m supposed to laugh as hard as I am at the episode where Buffy and Cordelia are vying for the attentions of a brooding loner who sits apart from everyone and reads poetry during lunch
- The pretty lady who’s also a cyber-Wiccan is the most 90s thing that it is physically possible to create
- I would be down to see an entire movie centered around ROBODEMON; good job, costume/effects people!
- Real talk: is Angel honestly that good-looking? No disrespect to David Boreanaz, but the dude’s got kind of a weird, lumpy face. No? Is it just me?
- Oh shit, Armin Shimerman is in this show now! Everything is amazing
- In the episode where everyone’s nightmares come true, the scene where Buffy’s “dad” talks to her had to have been the straight up coldest thing on TV that year
Will I have thoughts on the last two episodes? Probably.