Kieron Gillen, “Going to hell,” Phonogram, Vol. 2: The Singles Club, Issue #5: “Lust, Etc.”
This is truly magnificent. The back-up essays in The Singles Club are highly underrated.
This still makes me laugh. Good work, Silent Girl.
This now concludes the Angel Season One Speed Run, a side quest that I needed to complete before my girlfriend and I could resume walking through Buffy (she’s seen it all; we left off right before the start of s05). Time for s01e21, “Blind Date.”
- What’s going on with this lady? Does she have Predator vision or is this more of a Daredevil thing goin’ on?
- Lindsey, this is a pretty fast conversion to the side of good here.
- A live vampire is probably a pretty good diversion under most circumstances, let’s all admit this right now.
- Heh — are those Zip disks? Who else remembers Zip disks!
- Aww, Cordelia and Willow doing over-the-phone decryption.
- Oh, the blind assassin lady can only see motion! She’s like Daredevil crossed with a T-Rex.
- See, I knew I wasn’t buying this “Lindsey turns into a good guy” thing.
And since it’s kind of a two-parter-ish, let’s close out the season with s01e22, “To Shanshu in LA.”
- Oh man, I hope this software billionaire guy becomes a regular just so he can become the most awkward demon hunter possible.
- Detective Kate, your reputation for weirdness is now just pretty much accepted fact department-wide, isn’t it? And how are you still mad at Angel?
- Way to lay out the essential quandary of Angel’s life, Wesley. Cordelia being determined to help by getting Angel a hobby is really sweet, though.
- What in the fuck — the Oracles? How do you kill prescient beings?
- Oh no, neverending vision spasm. I can see how that would be no fun.
- On this episode of Real Talk with Angel and Detective Kate, Angel finally decides to quit taking shit from her! You’ll never believe what happens next!
- You know, the title of this episode really does give away the true meaning of “shanshu.” Just sayin’.
- Hey, who’s that in the box? Is that The Smiler? I guess her name is Darla?