Welcome to Flavor Country
“The Oxford English Dictionary accepts both pronunciations,” Mr. Wilhite said. “They are wrong. It is a soft ‘G,’ pronounced ‘jif.’ End of story.”
You will pry the hard G out of my cold, dying hands. I know what the creator thinks. I don’t care. HARD G FOR LIFE.
Nobody on this entire ball of rock and madness has ever upgraded their computer’s jraphics card, people, nor has the position of jraphic designer ever been listed on any jobs page in the history of humanity. Just because you can write a file format, you suddenly get to dictate how English works? Fuck all the way off, buddy.
Looks like the alternate covers for Candy Capers #2 are out, so I can finally show this off! Peppermint Butler is one of my favorite characters ;o;
Thoughts on Buffy s02e08
I’m watching Buffy for the very first time with my girlfriend, who has all the DVDs; here are my reactions to s02e08, “The Dark Age.”
- Man, I forgot all about step aerobics. Did anyone else?
- Uh, can this guy not just run? From this weird zombie woman? Doesn’t seem like she can move very — oh, never mind.
- I reiterate my previous assumption that Buffy’s microskirts are worn for practicality in combat; it’s probably really hard to kick people in the face wearing a pencil skirt.*
- I like “England” as a nickname for Giles.
- Wait, was that Giles and Miss Callender’s first kiss? I find this hard to believe (I assumed it must’ve happened offscreen) — especially since she seems preeeetty DTF.
- I’m going to leave the Death Eater/Dark Mark joke this episode inspires on the table.
- Is that BASIC on the chalkboards in Miss Callender’s room?
- Note: dabbling in the dark arts will give you dreams that look like an Alice in Chains video, if Giles’s nightmares are to be believed.
- Aside from plot convenience, is there a reason why there’s a cage in the school library?
- Everybody’s getting a task in this plan and even Cordelia wants one, which is sort of touching.
- Buffy’s plan is surprisingly good, people.
- I’m glad to see Miss Callender survived the OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO
- Is she going to get back together with him or not? You can’t blame her if not, but she is a techno-pagan, for fucksake, it’s not like she’s never been exposed to magic. Also, Giles didn’t exactly mean for her to get possessed by a demon. Team Giles, everybody. Team Giles.
* Shout out to a diagram on the wall at the UNIQLO store for teaching me what kinds of skirts are what, though I don’t actually remember any other types now that I think about it.
SEXT: You are wearing a hoodie, walking home. Unseen, I gently deposit this into your hood and vanish without a sound.
(Source: penguinsnuggles, via smmrbmmr)
All the time I get mad that I have this stupid meat sack body that’s not going to live forever. I want to see the future! I want to touch aliens! I want to touch sexy aliens! SPACE ARCHITECTURE. SPACE CLOTHES. Things in space.
This is a feeling I connect with on a deep and personal level. I joke about wanting to haunt my present house for a few centuries to see if they really end up building something like Starfleet headquarters here, but the actual percentage of joke in that statement is very small.
“How to dress for the 24th century: a primer”
T-shirt by a couple of French robots
Starfleet command division dress uniform by Cass
Thoughts on Buffy s02e07
I’m watching Buffy for the very first time despite my advanced years, and I’ve been taking notes because why not. Presenting s02e07, “Lie to Me.”
- Oh jesus, Drusilla does not stop being creepy, ever. I wonder if Juliet Landau got typecast for this ever afterward.
- We haven’t heard much from Giles about his burgeoning relationship; good to see it’s all right. (Go Giles)
- I am unashamedly Team Giles. I don’t even know if that’s a thing, I just made it up. Team Giles, motherfuckers
- “Buffy and Angel have serious communication problems” is not a theme I want to see a whole lot of, just FYI.
- This supergoth club is hilarious; what the hell is going on?
- The scene with Willow and Angel forces me to reluctantly admit that Angel has interesting dynamics with just about everybody on this show (Xander, Cordelia, Giles, Willow) except Buffy, but maybe their relationship story just bores me because it’s so standard.
- Hahahaha at the visual joke with Angel’s scorn at the vampire posers!
- This episode is extra good if you read that Preacher one-shot where Cassidy visits New Orleans for the first time.
- This is an unusually grim ending, isn’t it? Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Occasional inner GPOY.
(Source: taylorsmith2015, via theremina)